3D laser scanning really comes into its own when utilised within the heritage environment. The ability to accurately capture complex and irregular features quickly and remotely has obvious benefits over traditional survey techniques. Combined with photographic imagery a comprehensive base dataset can be achieved.
Once collected this base data can be revisited over time as funds or need dictate to extract a variety of products including:
• 2D Deliverables -Plans, Sections, Elevations, topographic survey
• 3D Models – Delivered in DWG, DGN or Revit (See BIM section) Format. 3D topographic surveys.
• RGB (Colour) point clouds
• Mesh Models – Combining scan data with high-resolution digital imagery suitable for 3D printing
• Animations and fly-throughs